I’ve posted this recipe for homemade granola before, but it’s just so good I had to share it again! We’ve updated our original recipe since going gluten-free and are very grateful for Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Old-Fashioned Oats. With our without gluten, this granola is simply delicious.
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla. Pour into the oats and mix until well combined.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely. Crumble granola into big chunks and small bits. Store in an airtight container.
Don’t just take my word for it – make this granola for yourselves and let me know what you think! But, with thumbs up from all four Littles and Husband, the title of Best Granola is secure at The Schell Cafe.