Slow Cooker + Tacos = Magic
“Moooooooooom, what’s for dinner?” says every kid, every night.
Tonight I have an answer: pulled pork mojito tacos.
Lately, I’ve been winning in the dinner department. Wanna hear my secret? The slow cooker. It’s magic. Pure magic.
Prep it in the morning, pop it into the slow cooker and voila. Eight hours later when your kiddos are starving, there is no slaving over a hot stove to be had–dinner’s ready to go!
Let your slow cooker do the work, friends. But feel free to take the credit for this favorite dish.
What’s your go-to slow cooker recipe?
If you need inspiration, check out more of our favorite one pot wonders.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup canned chopped green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ½-oz each) chicken broth
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- Cut roast in half. Combine the salt, oregano, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over pork. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add the half of the chopped cilantro, onions, chilies, and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth, orange juice, and lime juice over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices; set aside 3 cups juices. Discard remaining juices. Shred pork and return to slow cooker. Stir in remaining cilantro and reserved cooking juices. Keep on low until ready to serve.