Crowd Pleasing Party Rolls
When you need to feed the masses, there is nothing tastier than these classic party rolls. Especially, when you need a simple alternative to speed-dialing the local pizza delivery place. These simple rolls save the day every time one of my teenagers informs me, “Mom, I’m having a few friends over today.” A few friends is loosely defined as a number between three and three-thousand.
Shaved ham and cheese party rolls are not just for hungry teens hankering for a hearty snack either. These savory sammies are a crowd pleaser for all ages. Easy to assemble and quick to bake, the comfort food is perfect for impromptu gatherings. And, double up! The sandwiches freeze well and make delicious school lunches.
My people love Black Forest ham shaved super thin. They also are huge fans of Havarti and Fontina cheeses, but use whatever combination you like.
What’s your go-to food when you need to serve a crowd?
- King's Hawaiian sweet rolls (I buy packages of 12)
- Black Forest ham, shaved thin
- Havarti cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- splash of Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Remove the Hawaiian rolls from the package keeping them in one piece. Slice through rolls horizontally so you have two large pieces -- a top and bottom -- of rolls.
- Spread a thin schmear of mayo on the bottom half and layer with cheese slices and shaved ham.
- Add the top of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter. Stir in a splash of Worcestershire, minced onions, poppy seeds, and Dijon mustard. Brush butter mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is melted and tops of rolls are golden brown.