Littlest is particularly fond of oatmeal. She loves overnight oatmeal and baked oatmeal. Now that she’s in kindergarten she’s eager to show off her measuring and mixing skills. Banana vanilla oatmeal is currently her favorite way to make breakfast for herself. If you have little ones in the house, let them experiment with this easy breakfast recipe. If not, don’t be intimidated by the required kindergarten skills – you can do it!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free Oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cream (or milk)
- In a glass bowl, combine water and oatmeal.
- Cut banana into bite size pieces and add to the bowl. Stir in vanilla.
- Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until fully combined and fluffy.
- Stir in cream.
- Top with berries, cinnamon, or sliced almonds.