Wanna know a little secret? Sometimes I don’t post recipes because I don’t have a pretty picture.
Pitiful right? I was thinking about how selfish this is of me – keeping yummy recipes stashed in a mental file due to my personal problem with perfection. I’m trying to get over it. Bear with me. It’s kind of like not inviting friends over because the house isn’t clean. If I were to invite you over, would you come even if you knew you might risk your life tripping over backpacks, sneakers, and last week’s lunches?
Chances are you’d survive the landmine at the entry hall and we’d shove some stuff off the sofa and sit down and visit. But, I would still apologize for the state of the house, even though as a friend you couldn’t care less. You just came for coffee and conversation. A wise woman once gave me advice on cleaning before company comes:
If you can’t see it from a galloping horse it doesn’t matter.
Freedom, right there friends. I have no photo of the Apple Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin supper we love. Have you ever tried to photograph pork? You get the picture. But, I did happen to find this sweet memory I captured at the Farmer’s Market in Dublin. I think it works just fine.
And, I promise to get over the whole picture perfect thing and quit hoarding recipes. I blame Pinterest.
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 onion, chopped
- Slice into pork horizontally about ¾ through the meat and place in Crockpot.
- Place an apple slice in each slit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle honey over the top of pork. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and chopped onions.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Gather & love, friends!